On Wednesday, November 1st, the RN to BSN honor society chapter at SPC, Upsilon Psi, hosted a Nursing Career Panel Event for SPC students. Over 130 students attended the event to ask questions to nursing leaders from the local community.
The panel of nursing leaders included:
- A Nurse Manager and Recruiters from BayCare Health System
- A Nurse Director from HCA Healthcare
- Nida Stang, an RN graduating from the SPC RN to BSN Program in December 2017
- Shawlett Rose, an RN and alumni graduate of the SPC RN to BSN Program
- Aurore Diby, an ARNP and alumni graduate of SPC and USF
The students enjoyed drinks and cookies provided by the honor society while they learned what qualities nursing managers are looking for in new nursing graduates and what stands out in nursing resumes. Students in the SPC RN to BSN program shared their experiences in the program and offered some valuable tips on how to succeed. Also, information was provided about the nursing programs at USF and what it’s like to attend graduate school and become a nurse practitioner.
The event was organized by Mary Lewis, SPC College of Nursing faculty member. Special thanks to all of the Panel members, SPC student volunteers and chapter members for helping make the event a success!
More information about the Upsilon Psi Chapter of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (Sigma or ΣΘΤ) , events and volunteer opportunities are available at UpsilonPsi.nursingsociety.org